The Register of Deeds office will close early Tuesday, September 20th at 4:00 PM
Our online researching capabilities are state of the art, but should you need documents which are unavailable online, just reach out to the office.
PLEASE CALL 989-832-6820 with any questions.
We remain vigilant and dedicated to serving all of Midland County's recording needs, today and every day in the future.
Jennifer M. Anway, Midland County Register of Deeds
To view any document & index available online, PLEASE go to the BLUE BOX - Search Public Records - on the right, & click to begin your search.
Register of Deeds is a state constitutionally elected officer with duties prescribed by law. The Register is the County's official recording officer for all legal documents pertaining to the transfers and encumbrances of all real estate property within Midland County. The Register also provides permanent storage for approved original subdivision plats, condominiums, land surveys and section corners.
Services Provided Include:
We maintain a user-oriented index system capable of retrieving any of the several million documents recorded since 1855.
- Documents from 1950 (Complete through Liber 183, 3/18/49) through the present can be viewed (with watermarks) online. Any document viewable online can also be purchased (without watermarks) online.
Indexes for documents recorded from 1855 - 1956 are available to search online or through reviewing the old journals located in the vault.
ACCEPT ELECTRONICALLY RECORDED DOCUMENTS- See Recording Information on the left side of page.
- Maintain an imaging system for all real estate records.
- Will provide certified copies and/or limited searches of real property records to customers who request them.
- Will provide copies of all real estate conveyances to all assessing offices in the county for use in preparation of tax rolls.
- Are happy to assist area businesses or the general public, either in person or by phone.
**LAND RECORDING FEES ~ EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2016, recording fees for all documents recorded in the Register of Deeds office will be $30.00 per document, no matter the document type or number of pages. The only exception will be if a document assigns or discharges more than one instrument, the $3.00 fee for each additional reference, this remains as it was.