Travel Alert for Travelers from China
There is an outbreak of pneumonia in China, caused by a newly identified virus - 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
Who is at risk?
People who have been to China within the past two weeks and develop a fever, cough or have difficulty breathing or people who have been exposed to someone who has been to China with these symptoms and now are experiencing illness with fever, cough or difficulty breathing. Seek medical care right away.
- Call ahead before going to see a doctor or an emergency room.
- Tell them your symptoms and that you were in China or exposed to a traveler from China who is/was ill.
What should Health Care Workers know?
- Use standard, contact and airborne precautions and eye protection.
- Notify infection control and your local Health Department immediately.
For additional info: See CDC's coronavirus updates. or MDHHS Coronavirus updates.
** See HEARING AND VISION link for clinic dates and scheduling information. **
* Narcan now available at Midland County Department of Public Health *
The Midland County Department of Public Health is teaming up with local organizations, such as The Legacy Center for Community Success, in an effort to prevent deaths caused by opioid overdose.
Our goal is to reach groups that are most likely to need Narcan on hand:
1) Individuals who receive prescription opioids.
2) Individuals who use non-prescribed opioids for not medical use (e.g. heroine, illicitly manufactured fentanyl).
3) Individuals who are likely to witness an overdose.
Narcan nasal spray is available at Midland County Department of Public Health located at: 220 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, MI 48640.
Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 8am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm (closed 12-1pm daily)
Telephone Number: (989) 832-6665
Rabies - What you need to know about this preventable viral disease.
Michigan Rabies Assessment Flowchart - When a person has been exposed
For more rabies info, please click here for MDHHS rabies site
State taking action to prevent further Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) cases.
Learn more about EEE here (Q&A).
See MDHHS for current EEE information, including aerial treatment maps.
Governor Whitmer Takes Bold Action to Protect Michigan Kids from Harmful Effects of Vaping
Information and Legislation on Michigan’s flavored e-cigarette ban
Radon Awareness Month - January 2020